Senior Customer Engineer - Embedded Software
Job no: 496869
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Processors, Customer Facing
Partnering with engineers across a variety of technology divisions, the Senior Customer Engineer – Embedded Software will support Imagination's customers in the design of their products that utilise Imagination’s processor cores. Joining a highly motivated and knowledgeable team of software and hardware engineers who are dedicated to delivering world class customer service and technical knowledge to leading technology companies around the world, you will be responsible for key customers in a dynamically changing landscape, adapting to customer issues and creating critical solutions.
- Guide and support customers through their technical issues covering quality assurance, stability, performance, the running of applications, operating systems and more
- Get involved in the full product development lifecycle, from the excitement of first time power up, through debugging, to final production
- Work with high profile customers (and their customers too) on impactful and market leading projects, including larger issues with the addition of new features, applications and performance analysis
- Take ownership of our key software products (e.g. graphics processors) and provide expertise in the technical details and implementation of these products to other members of the team
- Create documentation and train customers in the use of product deliverables, such as our graphics development kit and coding techniques
- Provide first level analysis to the customer to investigate issues, find root causes and provide creative solutions
With a positive, can do attitude you pride yourself on great customer service, pro-actively and tenaciously striving for the best solution. You have an organised and focused approach to work. Having a passion for technology, you keep up to date with the latest tech both professionally and through personal projects.
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you're an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You're curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standards.
- Experience of programming in low-level languages such as C/C++
- An understanding of software debug and design techniques for modern operating systems, such as Linux and Android
- Device drivers within high level operating systems
- Embedded systems
- The ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form
- Excellent proactive problem-solving skills
- Exposure to industry standard graphics and compute APIs e.g. OpenGL ES, OpenCL, Vulkan, CUDA, DirectX
You might have knowledge of
- Software and hardware aspects of graphics architectures
- Automotive or safety critical industry experience (e.g. ISO 26262, ASIL-B, FUSA)
- Working directly with third parties either as a supplier or a customer
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Competitive salary offered, role part of a rolling recruitment programme.
Closing date August 30th
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time