Imagination Technologies is creating the next generation of top performing processors that will power future technology around the globe. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-profile role in the company. You will make a significant contribution in the pre-sales phase, being closely involved from the technology side, with the end goal of providing the right technical solutions to our customers to enable them to design the best SoCs with PowerVR GPUs.
You will join the team who will ensure that our technology is adopted into electronic products that entertain, educate and inspire individuals who use them. The team is responsible for all aspects of pre-sales technical support, from relationship building with key external stake holders, pitching our GPU IP portfolio and USPs, to gathering customer requirements, proposing the right IP and system solutions to our customers. The role will also allow you to work across the business with key internal stake holders in hardware and software development, product management teams, applications, ecosystem teams and more.
The role will allow you to see the bigger picture on our pre-sales technical process, learn about system architecture and focus on competitive and market positioning. The best part about this position is that no two days are the same. You’ll be discussing new priorities with customers, researching new technical challenges, coming up with unique technical solutions and interacting with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You will be passionate about making sure our customers receive the best possible experience, in a quick but effective turnaround time.
- Be part of the process of discovery, investigate technical questions, maintain product features and collate the necessary information to manage and support investigations
- Interact with the engineering teams to gather information and data (e.g. s/w driver features, API & OS details, Performance and Power stats)
- Create collateral for customer engagements & IP marketing
- Explain product portfolio & technical subjects to customers and internal teams at different technical levels
- Actively monitor and manage customer accounts in the pre-sales technical phase
- Proactively support our customers
- Continue to develop expertise in both IP level & system level architecture
- Under guidance, devise technical solutions to solve customer requirements
- Provide customer feedback to our product management team
- Minimal Travel (e.g. up to 15%) as needed to meet with customers worldwide
- High level understanding of Electronic Systems and System on Chip (SoCs)
- A customer service mindset, with a desire to work with internal stake holders and external customers
- Ability to clearly communicate technical topics, in both written and verbal form
- Ability to self-manage and proactively drive open items to closure
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
You might have:
- Experience of capturing data, manipulating it to then generate, explore and provide analysis
- High level understanding of graphics API (e.g. OpenGL ES, OpenCL, DirectX) and OSes (e.g. Linux, Android)
- Customer facing experience
- Experience of analysing performance and power of IPs and / or SoCs
- High level understanding of embedded software design and/ or modern application design (e.g. Android or Linux apps)
- Industry knowledge or interest in any of the following:
- Graphics Gaming in Mobile
- Graphics compute in Server class markets
- Graphics in Automotive
- Graphical UIs in Set Up Box (STB) or Digital Television (DTV)
- Product knowledge or interest in any of the following:
- GPU, CPU, DSP, Neural Network Accelerators
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Competitive Salary offered As part of a rolling recruitment program
Closing date 10th September 2019