Mathematical Verification Engineer - Applied Research
Job no: 496835
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
The PowerVR graphics team produce the world's leading family of ultra-low power GPU IP cores. To create our next generation of ultra-high performing processors we need you to put your mathematical skills to the test and help us use cutting edge tools and techniques to prove mathematically that our components are bug free.
Working in the Datapath team, a unique applied research team with a remit both to research and to deliver high performing hardware, you will be a vital part of the development of innovative mathematical components. You will contribute to projects ranging from geometric calculations for real-time mobile graphics, to heavily optimised hardware for neural network and AI applications. Depending on skills and interest, there may be opportunities to contribute to hardware design as well.
No prior knowledge of digital hardware is required. Full training will be provided on both industry tools and cutting edge techniques developed in-house, and you will be creating your own original ideas to push out the boundary of what can be achieved.
- Work with a team of mathematically focused engineers to formally prove that arithmetic hardware components function correctly
- Allow us to release complex designs with confidence by developing new and innovative techniques and tools for formally proving the correctness of hardware
- Analyse systems of mathematical components and advise on error and performance trade-offs
- Automate common proof tasks using various programming languages
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- A good Master’s degree or PhD in a subject with a strong mathematical focus
- Experience writing your own rigorous mathematical proofs
- The ability to communicate complex technical information concisely and unambiguously both verbally and in writing
- Tenacity and the ability to work and communicate with others to get things done
- Attention to detail, a critical mind with the ability to think both abstractly and concretely
You might also have
- Experience with computer assisted proof via industry tools or automated theorem provers
- Programming experience, especially with C(++) or python
- Knowledge of digital hardware and digital design
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to think big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your passion. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from smart phones to gaming devices, smart TVs to drones. It’s our creative culture that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time