Developer Technology Engineer
Job no: 496831
Work type: Experienced
Location: Shanghai, China
Categories: Customer Facing, Drivers, Graphics, OpenCL, OpenGL ES, Processors, Ray Tracing, Technical Sales, Technical Writing
You can be part of a newly formed extension to our Developer Support team in China. This unique opportunity will allow you have to be responsible for supporting a wide range of software developers in targeting the iconic PowerVR Graphics hardware, primarily top-tier game and middleware developers.
You will gain a deep understanding of cutting-edge 3D Graphics architecture, become familiar with current & upcoming rendering techniques, and learn how to apply this knowledge to improve the performance & aesthetics of some of the biggest titles on mobile devices.
The key goal is to ensure we are developing our eco-system with our 3rd party suppliers to OEMs, writing examples for developers about our technology and game profiling to site the opportunities for optimisation.
As part of the role you will also have the opportunity to travel, supporting and educating developers around the world presenting how to get the best out of PowerVR Architecture.
- Provide the expertise necessary to ensure a wide variety of graphics applications (such as games, web browsers and navigation software) optimally utilise PowerVR technology
- Support PowerVR IP customers and top-tier game and middleware developers from a technical perspective
- Develop utilities and optimized examples using C++ and the latest graphics APIs including Vulkan
- Provide in-situ training about PowerVR architecture, best practices and profiling/debugging tools
- Work closely with other PowerVR teams to ensure the entire hardware and software stack is optimal
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Experience with 3D graphics: OpenGL, Vulkan or DirectX
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and technical writing skills
You might also have
- Fluent Chinese & English
- Experience with iOS or Android
- Experience with OpenCL or any other compute language
- Experience with hardware and platform architectures
- Interest in video-game technology
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to think big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your passion. We listen, we’re open
And we’re honest. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from smart phones to gaming devices, smartTVs to drones. It’s our creative culture that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: China Standard Time