Vice President of Segment Marketing
Job no: 496829
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Product development
The world is being shaped by technology and Imagination Technologies is at the very core. Working at Imagination Technologies means you’re a part of constant innovation. We design the key building blocks for market-leading chips that make your tech mobile, smart and connected. Now we’re taking things to a new level. Our VP of Segment Marketing will create and drive a vision that will help deliver our mission to design a smarter future.
Heading up the segment marketing team you will partner with stakeholders across the organisation and develop the segment marketing strategy that will secure Imagination as the leader in key market segments across the globe.
The role reports into the EVP Corporate Development & Strategy.
- Drive the identification of target market segments, based on attractiveness, fit, etc
- Lead the annual segment review and drive the segment aspect of the corporate strategy lifecycle
- Build and lead a team of segment marketeers that manages Imagination’s go-to-market strategy and product positioning with customers, OEMs and their partners in target segments
- Create demonstrable market pull across our range of products and services
- Help reframe the “terms of the discussion” in the marketplace around Imagination and its offerings
And in your own right, alongside members of your team, you will:
- Demonstrate domain understanding in a market segment end-to-end, with a grasp of the relevant macro and micro trends
- Understand where the money is being made today, where will it be made tomorrow – and understanding the ‘pain points’ that lead to successful value creation and value capture
- Develop and execute strategies that position Imagination as the preferred thought leader and strategic supplier in these segments, surmounting barriers to Imagination’s market entry and erecting barriers to others
- Influence OEMs and other parties to create “pull” for Imagination’s offerings
- Use domain knowledge to appropriately position existing IP products/solutions for sale now; to inform future new product and service development; and drive revenue generation in the segment
- Develop a segment-specific ecosystem, and suggest potential M&A targets
- Develop the appropriate marketing content to support product positioning and thought leadership in the segment
- Track and influence relevant government agencies & industry standards bodies
- Collect, analyse and disseminate relevant competitive intelligence to the appropriate stakeholders within the organisation
- Deploy management and financial models to provide insight into proposed strategies and business models
- Prepare and compellingly communicate insights and strategy proposals to the executive team and other stakeholders, taking into account opportunities, risks, uncertainties and mitigation
- Meaningfully collaborate with other members of the broader Imagination team to ensure a clear “line of sight” from corporate objectives through to business outcomes, developing processes and systems as appropriate
- Contribute to various strategy initiatives as appropriate, including support from the ad hoc through to due diligence exercises and the Strategic Plan
- Partner with leaders elsewhere in the organisation to ensure strategies are successfully executed and to learn from past efforts and drive improvements to the business
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard, while seeking to learn from every encounter, interaction and project.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar strategic marketing role leading teams in segment or product strategy
- Relevant semiconductor industry experience and engineering background
- Ability to effectively synthesise and communicate complex business issues
- Capability to influence senior stakeholders through financial modelling and presentations
You might also have
- Experience at a top management consulting firm
- MBA or background in economics or another quantitative discipline
- Project management experience
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to think big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your passion. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from smart phones to gaming devices, smart TVs to drones, automotive to security. It’s our creative culture that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join us in our mission to design a smarter future?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time