Leading Hardware Design Engineer
Job no: 496827
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: System on Chip and System Design
You will be part of the design process which delivers a complete graphics core (GPU) that helps power future electronic devices. You'll be responsible for offering top level infrastructure management to the subsystem teams who are involved with any graphics project work across the business.
You’ll be advising on process & making improvements to ensure physical implementation is possible & effortless. You’ll own the completion of top level specifications to deliver our complete graphics core to the market.
Using your technical knowledge, you’ll be innovating projects from the start by driving productivity & contributing to workloads. You’ll be promoting our latest tools to the hardware team & play a key role in shaping their future development.
- Be responsible for top level infrastructure management which includes:
- Connectivity of all subsystems within the top level
- Partitioning of the integrated circuit design into multiple physical layout blocks
- Managing of multiple clock domains and power domains within the core
- Maintaining quality code through various lint tools and equivalence checking
- Use of formal properties to ensure that top level integrated circuit design specifications are met
- Ensuring quality releases and technical documentation standards for our many customers
- Become an expert user of PowerVR's cutting edge tools to aid top level integrated circuit design
- Play a key role in shaping their future development
- Specify and develop python plugins for these tools to aid automation and process improvements
- Promote and support the use of these tools within the hardware teams
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you're an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You're curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- experience of IP or SOC level integrated circuits
- good knowledge of digital logic
- scripting skills in Python or Perl
- knowledge of low power integrated circuit design techniques
- a degree in Electronic Engineering or related subject (e.g. BEng 2.1 or above, MEng, PhD)
You might also have:
- experience of ASIC verification in the field of graphics, video, microprocessors, full SoC
- experience of synthesis
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to think big? We'll encourage you to pursue your passion. We listen, we're open and honest. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you'll be respected and helped along the way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that's shaping our world, from smart phones to gaming devices, smart TVs to drones. It's our creative culture that's enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join our mission to design a smarter future?
Just click the 'Apply now' button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time