Graduate Research Engineer Vision & AI
Job no: 496818
Work type: Graduate - Immediate Start
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: AI, Machine Learning
Imagination is a leading supplier of graphics and video hardware designs (Intellectual Property - IP). In addition to our GPUs, video encoders, and video decoders, our neural network accelerators are used wherever digital image sensors may appear.
We need you to put your development skills to the test by creating and validating high quality and innovative machine learning algorithms that can be implemented efficiently by hardware RTL design engineers and by software engineers.
You’ll belong to the team that is passionately working on developing the next generation of Imagination’s IP for a wide range of fields, including mobiles, IOT, Automotive, Security and Medical. You’ll be responsible for researching, developing and understanding key algorithms and their performance on hardware architectures (existing or proposed) for vision and AI.
- Carry out machine learning algorithm research and evaluation e.g. published paper and code reviews, external and internal comparison and analysis
- Data analysis and output e.g. statistics, behaviours, trends, pattern recognition
- Implement modelling and simulation of our algorithms and technologies
- Validate our design performance e.g. bandwidth, speed, accuracy etc.
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Strong maths and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Python, Matlab or C/C++ modelling
- Good technical communication skills
- Some experience with image and/or signal processing or neural network algorithm design
- Ability to plan your work and manage your own time
- Ability to liaise between the research teams and hardware and software design engineers.
- MSc or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering or a related engineering or science subject
You might also have
- Knowledge of high performance compute algorithms
- Knowledge of video, image or signal processing
- Technical interest in Vision and AI
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Independent thinkers together
Every person is a new door to different world. That’s why we embrace you for who you are; to unlock even better results together.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time