Software Customer Engineer
Job no: 496784
Work type: Experienced
Location: Shanghai, China
Categories: Applications, Drivers, Graphics, Linux, OpenCL, OpenGL ES, Processors, System on Chip and System Design, Video, Customer Facing, AI
Imagination Technologies is one of the world’s fastest growing and most exciting technology companies. Rapidly climbing the FTSE250 on the London Stock Exchange, the breadth of technologies and markets it serves involves working with most of the biggest and best semiconductor, consumer electronics, multimedia and app content developers and industry partners in the world. Our technologies feature in many of the world’s most exciting products, from the latest smartphones, tablets and media players to the future wireless home, connected multimedia-rich cars and much more.
The PowerVR graphics team produces the world’s leading family of ultra-low power GPU IP cores for mobile and embedded applications. With unrivalled performance per mm2 and per mW, PowerVR GPUs have already shipped in more than half a billion products, with hundreds of millions more being shipped every year. And with GPU Compute the latest hot topic, and the latest games and user interfaces in the hottest apps, this is one of the most exciting engineering teams anywhere.
The Customer Engineering department is responsible for all aspects of delivering and supporting Imagination’s technology deliverables to a wide range of semiconductor and software partners. A key goal is to ensure that Imagination’s technology gets to market as fast as possible by providing the necessary support and training to our licensees. This position supports deployment of cutting edge Graphics, Video, Display and Communications IP cores and associated software drivers into a wide range of customer platforms and OEM devices. The role involves working with leading semiconductor and software companies on cutting edge products. An excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and training on both Imagination specific technology areas and the overall process and lifecycle of how leading edge system on chip devices and software are designed, put into production and maintained.
Primary role responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with our customers to manage interactions and projects
- Solving customer issues related to the use of those product deliverables
- Training customers in the use of product deliverables
- Solve customer issues
- Provide first level analysis of issues raised and answer directly where possible
- Assign and track issues within Customer Engineering and development teams where appropriate
- Track issues to closure
- Drive development and delivery of product training programs, at customer sites where required
- Supporting product delivery at customer sites as required
- Tracking and delivering customer commitments for deliverables and training
- Minimum of three years working experience in a software design role
- Understanding of customer releases
- Excellent C Programming skills
- Debugging of embedded platforms - ARM,x86,MIPs
- Experience of high level operating systems – Android, Linux
- Ability to communicate technical subjects in both written and oral form
- Excellent written and spoken English Language
- Experience in debugging hardware device drivers within a high level operating system. eg. Linux, Android, Windows, Chromium OS, RTOS
- Some domain experience in Graphics, NN would be an advantage.
- Rich experience in following fields:
- GPU background:
- GPU graphic driver and spec: OpenGL ES/OpenGL/OpenCL/OpenCV/OpenVG/Vulkan
- GPU programing developing: OpenGL ES/OpenGL/Vulkan
- AI background:
- NN framework, Caffe/Caffe2/TensorFlow
- AI applications developing: image/voice
- Linux Kernel:
- kernel driver, DT, memory management
- Linux OS GPU related: xorg/Wayland/DirectFB
- Previous experience of giving Internal customer training /presentations or having liaison with external vendors
- Excellent Communication skills are key
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage the customer whilst keeping a calm and focussed approach
- Strong problem solving ability
- Can do, Positive attitude, can work proactively and independently
- The Customer Engineering team consists of a highly motivated and highly knowledgeable team of both software and hardware engineers located in the UK, US and Asia/Pacific. A successful candidate will be based in a small office environment plus visits to customer sites and travel to the UK and other company R+D sites.
- Degree level education in Electronics, Software Engineering, Compute Science/Technology
- The role has great benefits for a candidate who is looking to get involved in a customer facing role having spent time within a design role. Unlike a purely design role, this position enables the full product lifecycle to be observed and the ability to contribute directly to high profile customer projects makes this a very responsible position which can be extremely rewarding, very quickly, for the right applicant.
- Working with cutting edge technology within an environment small enough to allow the successful candidate to make a fundamental contribution
- Working with the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturers
Advertised: China Standard Time