Software Design Engineer
Job no: 496781
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Working with internal Linux & Server teams, you’ll fix bugs, write code and correct the tested software. Due to our customers targeting the infotainment side of automotive, we need to focus on the modern QNX Neutrino and GHS Integrity operating systems alongside our standard Linux GPU device drivers.
You’ll get exposure to the deepest layer of what goes into creating some of the most sophisticated cars of our time and work with the manufacturers on current aspects of compliance such as Functional Safety in the automotive space. They want this person to really make an impact with their ideas – determining requirements for new software in the light of business needs.
- Work as part of the automotive team in the PowerVR software department
- Work with many of the big names in the consumer electronics industry across a wide variety of devices and products
- Undertake feasibility studies in the design of software solutions
- Write and code according to software and hardware specifications
- Test and correct the software
- Provide documentation and support for customers and users
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Excellent C Programming skills
- Experience of Kernel-Level Device Driver Work
- Strong Embedded Software Know-How
- Familiarity with modern computer architecture concepts
- Adaptability – The Role will entail the use of multiple toolchains and OSs
- Eye for detail and a meticulous analytical approach
You might also have
- Linux experience (both usage and development)
- QNX Neutrino experience
- GreenHills Integrity experience
- C++ experience
- Knowledge of 3D Graphics or Video Principles
- OpenGL ES, OpenCL
- Knowledge of Functional Safety (FuSa) or QMS (Quality Management Systems)
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to think big? We'll encourage you to pursue your passion. We listen, we're open and honest. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you'll be respected and helped along the way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that's shaping our world, from smart phones to gaming devices, smart TVs to drones. It's our creative culture that's enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join our mission to design a smarter future?
Just click the 'Apply now' button to send in your CV.
Competitive salary offered as part of a rolling recruitment programme
Closing date Thursday May 16th 2019
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time