Physical Design Benchmarking Manager
We create and license market leading processor solutions for graphics, video and vision processing, artificial intelligence and multi-standard communications
Our broad range of Silicon IP (intellectual property) includes the key processing blocks needed by our customers to create the Systems on Chips (SoCs) that power electronic devices.
The successful candidate would be joining a dynamic physical design team which together with our software and hardware counterparts, form Imaginations Customer Engineering (CE) team tasked with ensuring that all of Imagination’s customers receive the support and advice they need to make the best use of Imagination’s IP cores and technologies.
In addition to working with some of the most advanced SoC design teams in the world, the physical design CE team are heavy involved with both IP development and IP Sales, uniquely providing the successful candidate with a high level of visibility within the company and a real opportunity to make a difference across a broad range of business activities.
As Physical Design Benchmarking Manager, you will have multiple responsibilities, including (but not limited to) the timely creation of Power, Performance and Area (PPA) metrics to be used by Sales, on-going development of RTL2GDSII implementation flows using leading EDA tools from multiple vendors, reference Design Optimization Kit (DOK) creation, IP qualification and customer support.
- Have a thorough understanding of SoC implementation
- Be responsible for activities associated with pre-sales Power, Performance and Area benchmarking
- Provide feedback into design teams to help ensure IP preforms to the expected standard
- Work with Sales to ensure we are able to fulfil the needs of our customers
- Be responsible to the creation an on-going development of our reference methodologies
- Assist with the creation of physical design RTL2GDSII reference kits (DOKs)
- Create and occasionally deliver training
- Capture and communicate best practices in the form of white papers and 3rd party user group presentations
- Be a leader. Able to motivate and develop those around you
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solution orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
You will have
- Hands-on layout experience using market leading Place and Route and Signoff tools.
- Some experience running physically aware synthesis using DCT, DCG, RC or both
- A solid understanding of DFT methodologies including Test Compression and BIST
- Experience in low power management techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Some management experience, if not direct reports then potentially account or project management.
- Experience in working to deadlines whilst maintaining high standards
- Ability to influence others
- Proficient in problem solving/analysis
- The ability to work with multiple teams within Imagination to ensure customer success
- Commercial awareness
- A valid passport, as some international travel is to be expected
You might also have
- Proficient knowledge of VHDL and/or Verilog
- Experience of hierarchical implementation flows
- Experience of 3D Graphics would be beneficial
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need you’ll be respected and helped along your way
Invent the future
The people at imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It's their creativity that has enabled imagination to power world-changing electronic products
Competitive salary offered, role part of a rolling recruitment programme
Closing date: 27/02/2019