Software Design Engineer - Vision and AI
Job no: 496760
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Applications, Tools, Vision, AI, Machine Learning
Imagination’s engineers are committed to designing the next generation of high-performance Neural Network Accelerators (NNA).
As part of the Vision and AI software team you will focus on software solutions that enable our customers to successfully utilise our NNA technology.
You will develop APIs, tools and software based on Vision and AI use cases and challenges, with a specific focus on interoperability between our NNA and graphics processor technologies.
Collaboratively you will partner with hardware, research and customer engineers across all stages of development including requirements gathering, design, development and support.
- Create software that focuses on interoperability for Imagination’s neural network API drivers to work accurately across its NNA and graphics processor technology e.g. software wrapper written in C++
- Write code in C to interface between the software wrapper and targeted parts of the API
- Make changes in the Kernel drivers using C
- Support the delivery of an FPGA evaluation platform to our customers, including Python and Bash scripting
- Become familiar with several software components
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Solid C/C++ programming experience
- Knowledge of Linux
- CMake and or Makefile experience
- Python programming skills
- Bash scripting skills
You might also have
- Linux Kernel Experience
- Exposure to Drivers
- Knowledge of FPGA
- Knowledge of Machine learning techniques and tools e.g. Tensorflow, Caffe
- Knowledge of OpenCL, NNVM, OpenCV
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Competitive salary, part of a rolling recruitment programme
Closing Date - 14/03/2019
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time