Senior Hardware Design Engineer-RTL
Job no: 496735
Work type: Experienced
Location: Hyderabad, India
Categories: Communications, Electronic design, System on Chip and System Design
Senior Hardware Design Engineer
With over 30 supported wireless standards in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 802.15.4, GNSS, audio and TV broadcast, Ensigma provides the most comprehensive range of wireless connectivity and broadcast IP solutions in the market today. Ensigma wireless IP can be a single standard or as highly complex multi-standard solutions such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth combos; scalable from low-power, low data-rates to high performance, high data rate solutions. To create our next generation of wireless IPs we need you to put your design skills to the test and help us develop the targets. This means understanding the current IP and understanding the specification and requirements and implements the design of Low Power WiFi PHY.
- You will play the Senior Design Engineer Role.
- Develop digital designs for prototypes of next generation wireless LAN standards and technologies.
- Responsible for the architecture definition, design, implementation and verification of Physical layer and related sub-systems as part of 802.11ax modem FPGA/ASIC development.
- You should be able to interpret complex algorithms from Systems team with the ability to provide feedback and alternatives. The deliverables include micro-architecture designs, RTL code, simulation models, test benches and associated documentation.
- Should be able to support firmware and RF teams with verification and bring-up of FPGA and ASIC modem prototypes, working closely with the Systems and Algorithm teams.
- FPGA validation on board.
- lab debugging with software team
- IP customers support.
Abilities make possibilities
You’re an analytical thinker who does your best work faced with complex technical problems. A great communicator you know how to articulate clearly and team up with design and system teams to achieve your objectives. You are self-motivated, take the initiative and get things done to the highest quality, on time, every time. You are an inspiring, organised leader who people naturally trust and follow.
- B.Tech or M.Tech in electrical or electronics or computer engineering
Should have atleast 8+ years of experience with the following:
- Experience in architecting complex signal processing blocks
- Strong RTL coding skills with VHDL/Verilog with Datapath designs with DSP blocks
- Prior experience with RTL implementation of one of these HW engines like Time domain blocks Rx Front-end digital filters, AGC, Frequency domain blocks like FFT, Demapper, Viterbi/Turbo/LDPC Decoders,
- Channel Estimation, Deinterleavers, Searcher, Modulator will be a big plus.
- Experience of handing multiple clock domain designs.
- Excellent Digital design skills and having a good understanding of timing closure and related methodologies like synthesis and STA
- Knowledge of communication systems, signal processing,
- Knowledge of wireless communications systems and standards, including WLAN standards.
You might also have
• Knowledge on Lint, ASIC Synthesis, CDC.
• Experience in analyse/debug issues on FPGA bring up is added advantage.
• Leading/Managing a smaller team would be an added advantage.
We’re champions of technology
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: India Standard Time