Video Software Developer
Job no: 496727
Work type: Experienced
Location: Pune, India
Categories: Firmware, Graphics, Linux
Video Software Support Engineer
We are looking for Linux and firmware software support engineer. You will primarily be involved with supporting our video decode drivers.
Video decoding is an important component of every smartphone, and many other devices. We are working on software drivers for video hardware decoders. These are dedicated components, which are much more efficient than a general purpose CPU or GPU.
As part of the Vision software team you will need to understand the architecture of the hardware, software and firmware. And assist our customer engineering teams to support customer needs also help them with our software.
There are a number of different software components, most of which are mature and in the field. You will need to gain familiarity with several of these components, and become an expert in some of them.
Our teams work closely with each other in an informal atmosphere. We are generally very open to suggestions for improvement. You will be involved in bringing new hardware to life, and helping our customers turn it into silicon.
- Excellent C programmer.
- Experience writing Linux applications and drivers.
- Basic understanding of full development lifecycle.
- Experience with low level firmware, and programming at the bare metal.
- Basic understanding of at least 1 video codec standard (H.264,HEVC etc)
- Understanding of computer architecture concepts (CPU, Cache, MMU, Memory, etc.).
- Some of our software is in the Linux kernel, so driver experience would be helpful.
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm for low level software: have some understanding of the issues in driving hardware effectively.
- Good problem solving skills.
- The candidate will have a degree in a computing, engineering.
- The candidate will have a number of years of software development experience and/or embedded driver support
Advertised: India Standard Time