Graphics IP Business Development Director
Job no: 496717
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Graphics, Customer Facing
Imagination is driving a fresh and direct strategy for increasing Graphics Processing and Compute intellectual property (IP) market share. Our Semiconductor and OEM clients need your help.
The expanding needs of assisted driving, interactive and intelligent applications on mobile platforms and for visual fidelity in consumer platforms is driving the GPU beyond pure graphics into AI, complex compute and functionally safe applications. Our GPU technology is ideally placed to address this changing world and to take center stage in the evolving market.
With overall responsibility for the success of the Graphics business, you will work closely with the PowerVR Graphics leadership team, Imagination’s sales group and wider business stakeholders to ensure the right strategies are identified and delivered that take our technology to these new and exciting uses and opportunities for success.
You will partner with the sales, marketing, product and engineering teams to convert IP licensing leads into sales. This includes creating and executing strategic and tactical plans to help achieve the long and short term goals of the business.
- Drive the sales force in order to achieve revenue, including the setting and tracking of business targets for the business
- Define required commercial terms.
- Identify target customers and form sales strategy for each key customer
- Work with the appropriate account managers to ensure the strategy is executed and reviewed as necessary
- Ensure contracts maximise our revenue and protect our IP
- Provide regular internal reporting of accounts, market status and emerging business opportunities
- Provide feedback on collateral and demonstration enhancements, ensuring effective and compelling promotion to the assigned corporate accounts/markets
- Take overall responsibility for results of the demonstration development team.
- Feedback to product marketing on product definition and the identification of ecosystem support required
- Feedback to the support organisation to ensure we support customers efficiently and appropriately
- Work effectively with other departments and business units to ensure efficient collaboration on multi IP licensing deals
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the semiconductor/electronics industry, including an understanding of key clients, competitors and stakeholders of Imagination
- An excellent track record of business development, including the prospecting, qualifying and conversion of potential leads.
- An ability to develop excellent relationships with external senior/executive level stakeholders
- The capability to communicate clearly with both technical & non-technical groups
- A thorough understanding of the overall commercial process
- An understanding of the ASIC development and design process
- The flexibility to travel regularly to our global clients
You might also have
- A degree in electronics/computing or equivalent and an MBA or other management qualification
- Understanding/awareness of Computer graphics processing technology
- Understanding/awareness of computer vision and AI technology
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. Their creativity has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Competitive salary offered and role part of a rolling recruitment programme
Closing date 25th March 2019
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time