Software Design Engineer
Job no: 496690
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Simulation, System on Chip and System Design, Testing, Tools, Windows, Applications, Debugger, Electronic design, Embedded software, Linux, Product development
As a member of the Ensigma Simulation Engineering team you will be designing and developing business strategic applications that simulate Imagination’s “Ensigma” digital communication cores. With over 30 supported wireless standards in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 802.15.4, GNSS, audio and TV broadcast, Ensigma provides the most comprehensive range of wireless connectivity and broadcast IP solutions in the market today. As a Software Design Engineer, you will be using C, C++ and System-C to simulate how the latest hardware developments will behave, supporting hardware development and verification. You will also play a critical role in reducing our customer’s time to market by providing an accurate development simulation platform for swift firmware development.
- Design, verify, and maintain C++ and SystemC simulations of hardware modules, for a variety of DSP blocks
- Develop and manage regression tests to drive verification and quality throughout the simulation and hardware code bases
- Collaborate with hardware engineers through the implementation and verification stages of the hardware and simulation development.
- Support internal customers that use the modules for which you are responsible
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- C or C++ programming knowledge
- Some experience with scripting languages, preferably Python
You might also have
- An understanding of hardware design principles
- Experience programming in Matlab or Octave, and/or System C
- Knowledge and understanding of digital communication principles
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time