Data Applications Engineer
Job no: 496689
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Embedded software
This is an ideal opportunity for a data-oriented developer to take ownership of and create business critical applications within a large high tech software environment. This high visibility role requires the on-going development and maintenance of data visualisation applications to meet the ever-changing needs of the business and to help build the data strategy for the company. This varied role will have deep involvement in the direction, design, implementation and testing.
- Work in a small team to implement systems and tools that support development processes, issue tracking, requirements tracking and data analysis tools.
- Liaise with multiple technical teams
- Help to interpret their requirements and issues with a concentration on data gathering and representation
- Be flexible in approach and a self-starter with a good problem-solving attitude
- Implement advanced and effective process systems
- Full Stack Developer experience with a strong SW engineering background and knowledge of SDLC
- Good relational database skills and knowledge of SQL, DB normalisation
- Good documentation and interpersonal skills
You might also have
- Experience of business application development, reporting solutions and automated testing
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Knowledge of Hardware ASIC development and/or Computer Graphics, Windows Services, Python, Test Driven Development
- Experience with C#, .NET Framework, Data Visualisation tools such as Qlik, Yellowfin, Tableau
- Good security practices, SSL; Active Directory authentication
- Automation with Gulp/Grunt, Selenium, Jenkins, CI/CD tools
Candidates will ideally have a good degree in a computing or IT related subject.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time