Functional Safety Manager - Graphics Software
Job no: 496685
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Drivers, Graphics
Imagination is dedicated to designing graphics processors for a growing automotive market and its commitment to critical safety and security standards. We have a strong history supplying technology to tier one customers in the automotive market, where it is utilised in everything from digital dashboards to 360 cameras.
We need your expertise in achieving the full compliance and delivery of the required documentation to meet the ISO26262 standard and its safety criteria. You will provide guidance and knowledge to key stakeholders and the overall company-wide drive to achieve this accreditation.
You will join the software graphics team and support its continued delivery of world leading drivers for APIs and OSs used in automotive markets.
- Ensure compliance of Imagination’s graphics software to the IS026262 standard and criteria
- Implement required documentation, own the accuracy of its content and the manage the overall safety package e.g. Safety Requirements Specifications, Safety Application Notes
- Review our GPU driver and how it and it’s individual elements connect through each stage of the Functional Safety life cycle to end delivery against the ISO26262 criteria e.g. risk assessment, requirements, design, verification, validation
- Assess the technical implementation of safety in automotive products and the impact on software e.g. functional coverage and code paths for detecting and responding to permanent and transient faults
- Analyse and present related data e.g. how it delivers against the criteria, traceability
- Liaise with key stakeholders including internal/external auditors and customers, providing guidance and compliance information
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Experience in ISO26262/61508 projects, in software or hardware (ASIC/FPGA)
- A strong systems software design or verification background, and an interest in functional Safety.
You might also have
- Semiconductor industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of safety requirements
- Experience as a Functional Safety Manager
- Knowledge of GPU or CPU architecture
- Experience of software coverage tools and flows
- Professional Functional Safety Qualification/Accreditation e.g. TUV
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Competitive salary offered
As part of a rolling recruitment programme
Application closure date: 11/11/18
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time