Senior Performance Analyst/Manager
Job no: 496681
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Embedded software, Graphics, Product development
Do you have a strong interest in GPU technology and architecture? Come join the Competitive and Performance Analysis (CPA) team at Imagination UK in Kings Langley. Within the CPA team you will be responsible for the analysis of the performance and energy efficiency across various usage cases on both competitor and PowerVR GPU products. You will help identify improvements to ensure that our PowerVR products reach their maximum performance efficiency potential.
- Manage a team to efficiently handle and drive success across following responsibilities:
- Analysis of graphics applications and benchmarks
- Performance and power analysis of the GPU integrated in a wide range of devices
- Design and manage the implementation of microbenchmarks to stress test various parts of PowerVR and Competitor GPU's with an aim to understand their architectural strengths and weaknesses
- Working with internal teams to develop tools to aid performance analysis and help drive hardware features to improve our performance analysis methodology
- Working with and write reports for various internal teams including Research, Marketing, HW and SW to improve performance efficiency of our products
- Represent the team and its knowledge in both internal and external meetings
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- An ability to understand complex, abstract problems
- Practical, organised and analytical approach to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Strong interest in 3D graphics and GPU compute architecture, technology and standards such as OpenCL, Vulkan and OpenGL ES
- Ability to bridge the gap between hardware and software
- Offer technical leadership for some aspects of project work, investigations, and feasibility studies
- Provide support and guidance to our internal users and colleagues
- Programming skills in C, C++ and scripting languages
- Knowledge of standard Linux tools, shell and version control systems
You might also have
- Experience doing competitive and performance analysis work on GPUs or CPUs for technical publications online
Invent the future
The people at Imagination define the technology shaping our world, from pioneering smartphones and televisions to advanced wearables and semi-autonomous vehicles. Our continuous innovation in graphics and artificial intelligence enables our customers to make world-changing electronic products that people love. Want to be part of a team? We’ll encourage you to pursue your passions. We listen; we’re open; we’re honest. Whatever you need, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time