Imagination Technologies is a growing and exciting technology company. The breadth of technologies and markets it serves involves working with most of the biggest and best semiconductor, consumer electronics, multimedia, App content developers and industry partners in the world. Our technologies feature in many of the world's most exciting products, from the latest smartphones, tablets and media players to the future wireless home, connected multimedia-rich cars and much more.
The PowerVR team produces the world's leading family of ultra-low power GPU & VPU IP cores for mobile and embedded applications. With unrivalled performance per mm2 and per mW, PowerVR IP has already shipped in more than half a billion products, with hundreds of millions more being shipped every year.
The Customer Engineering department is responsible for all aspects of delivering and supporting Imagination's technology deliverables to a wide range of semiconductor and software partners. A key goal is to ensure that Imagination's technology gets to market as fast as possible by providing the necessary support and training to our licensees. This position supports our deployment of cutting edge Graphics, Video, Display and Communications IP cores and associated software drivers into a wide range of customer platforms and OEM devices. The role involves working with leading semiconductor and software companies on cutting edge products. An excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and training on both Imagination specific technology areas and the overall process and lifecycle of how leading-edge system on chip devices and software are designed, put into production and maintained.
The main aspects of the role include:
- Deliver Imagination IP products to our customers and actively monitor and report on the IP integration activity of the customer
- Provide proactive support for our IP products, while collating and acting on customer feedback
- Develop expertise in our IP products to provide debug for customer issues and provide training
- Coordinate local and remote Customer Engineering teams and in-house development teams to solve highly technical customer issues
- Be a part of improving our future IP developments by playing an active role in applying experience back into the development cycle
- Enjoy varied and changing tasks due to the position having full IP lifecycle visibility
The highlight of the role is working with cutting edge technology that allows the successful candidate to make a fundamental contribution to millions of product deployment from the world's largest semiconductor manufacturers. The role has great benefits for a candidate who is looking to get involved in a customer-focused role with the ability to contribute directly to high profile customer projects. This is a very responsible position which can be extremely rewarding, very quickly, for the right applicant to demonstrate their capabilities to a wide-ranging audience.
Relevant working experience in a commercial environment, in a hardware design or support role:
- Good grounding in hardware debugs and design techniques using Hardware Description Languages
- Understanding of RTL simulation and tools such as Cadence NCSIM, Synopsys VCS or similar
- Understanding of RTL synthesis tools such as Synopsys Design Compiler/DCT/DC Ultra or similar
- Ability to communicate technical subjects, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Whilst predominantly a hardware role, the successful candidate must understand the relationship between hardware and software domains
- Understanding of the makeup and content of externally supplied ASIC
- Interest in, or understanding of 3D Graphics
- Integration of IP cores into an SoC environment covering subject like:
- ASIC Power simulations and Analysis
- Digital Design and SoC Power Management
- SoC Security & Virtualisation
- SoC Bus Fabric design
- Memory Subsystem, Memory Cache design.
- Embedded Software, Firmware and hardware interaction.
- System C or C Model use and virtual system integration.
- Experience with Emulation or FPGA experience with respect to System and RTL verification.
- Experience of Formal Verification tools – Conformal/Formality
- Experience of Verification methodologies and tools – OVM/UVM
- Data Analysis Skills, Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience working as part of a technical support team would be beneficial
- Intellectual Property products/packages/deliverables
- Knowledge of VHDL
- Previous experience of giving training /presentations
- Previous experience of liaison with external vendors
- Some appreciation of scripting / Shells/ low level
- Needs to be personable and able to influence others
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously with can do, positive attitude
- Ability to prioritise and organise tasks with a calm and focused approach
- Strong problem-solving ability, tenacious
- Ability to take a bigger picture viewpoint when dealing with detailed problems
- Dedicated, willingness to work from time to time over extended hours in order to achieve goals set by immediate manager or demanded by business
The successful candidate should expect some international travel as part of their customer facing support/training duties.
The Customer Engineering team consists of a highly motivated and highly knowledgeable team of both software and hardware engineers located in three main worldwide locations – UK, US and Asia/Pacific. The successful applicants will be based in Taipei but will interact with worldwide team members.
Once an initial period of training and experience has been covered the candidate will be expected to take direct responsibility for a key customer with other team members providing technical support and expertise as required. The role is very dynamic as the nature of customer issues tend to be wide ranging and non-predictable.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an Electronics Engineering related course or similar.
Master’s degree in related courses is preferred.