As an experienced Technical Editor in the PowerVR Technical Publications group you will provide editorial updates to customer-level documentation, and provide editorial support of Functional Safety documentation. You will be working with other members of the Technical Publications group and the engineering teams, as well as dealing with customer-driven updates and requirements.
By providing editorial support of customer-facing documents, you will gain an understanding of the PowerVR technologies including 3D graphics, Vision and AI, and will experience working with engineering teams all the way from project managers and team leads, to individual hardware and software engineers.
Your editorial support of Functional Safety documentation will play a key role in ensuring that Functional Safety-related documentation follows given templates and structures, and will provide guidance to writers and subject matter experts on how to write clearly and consistently for these types of documents.
- Provide different intensity of editing depending on requirements
- Carry out developmental editing, copy editing, proofreading, and production editing
- Incorporate editorial and technical review comments
- Write documentation according to the target audience and required technical content defined in documentation plans
- Ensure that documents adhere to the corporate style guides
- Work with document automation including: conditional text, modular documentation, batch publishing and templates
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Experience with working as an Editor, or Technical Author in technical publications for a software or hardware company.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Computer Science, Electronics, Software Engineering or similar), or a qualification in information development (publishing, publishing studies, media, or electronic media).
- Proficiency with MS Office applications is essential. For Word this will be good knowledge of working with large documents, page layout, footer and header manipulation, templates, styles, sections and cross references. For Excel this would be good knowledge of using formulas, lookup tables, and charts.
- Experience in using drawing applications like Visio.
- An interest in other documentation standards and tools like DITA, reStructuredText, OpenOffice or FrameMaker.
- Good IT skills, including email, intranet, file sharing, revision control systems, et
You might also have
- Experience and enthusiasm in information development, for example:
- Approaching development of written material both from a top-down approach and a bottom-up approach
- Information Mapping
- Information design and modular documentation
- Production of different online delivery formats like Help and PDF
- Experience with HTML, XML or other markup languages
- Experience with reStructuredText, Markdown, MediaWiki or other markdown languages
- Experience with word processing systems and word processing templates
- Writing documentation plans
- Working with subject matter experts to gather information updates
- An interest in 3D graphics, Vision and AI, and are keen to gain a better understanding of leading edge technologies in this field.
- Experience in Functional Safety, Quality Standards (e.g. ISO 9000), Quality Management Systems (QMS), or heavily process-oriented documentation development.
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Independent thinkers together
Every person is a new door to different world. That’s why we embrace you for who you are, so we can unlock even more innovative results together.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Closing date: 20/10/2018
Competitive salary offered, role part of a rolling recruitment programme.