Senior Systems Architect-Bluetooth
Job no: 496663
Work type: Experienced
Location: Chepstow, UK
Categories: Communications, Drivers, Electronic design, Embedded software, System on Chip and System Design
Senior Systems Architect (Wireless)
Imagination’s engineers are developing world-leading low-power Bluetooth and Wi-Fi designs for deployment onto System-on-Chips.
We need you to take complete ownership of our Bluetooth Classic refresh and ensure the two standards co-exist perfectly. Responsible for redesigning the whole system to ensure enhanced power consumption within an even smaller area, you will determine what hardware and software needs updating, as well as own everything from specification through to prototyping, testing and customer interaction.
You will provide technical leadership to the team that’s tasked taking our future architecture to the next level.
- Develop new features that will utilise the latest Bluetooth standards
- Architect system enhancements
- Create specifications for next generation Bluetooth hardware
- Verify and validate the system
- Partner with the WiFi team to optimise system co-existence
- Support customers in integrating our IP
- Support the development of engaging IP demonstrations
- Provide technical leadership to the Bluetooth Classic team
It’s how you do it
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you're an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You're curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standards.
- Experience of Layer 1 (Physical) and Layer 2 (Data Link) communications stack development, in particular Bluetooth
- Solid abilities in C/C++ programming for embedded systems
- Experience in modelling embedded communications systems in high level languages such as Matlab and Python
You might also have
- Experience of SoC bring-up
- Experience of optimising for performance, power consumption and/or memory usage
- Good understanding of DSP fundamentals and receiver design
- Experience of Linux driver development
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the 'Apply now' button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time