Customer Support Engineer-Hardware
Job no: 496655
Work type: Experienced
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Categories: AI, Customer Facing, Drivers, Graphics, Processors, System on Chip and System Design, Video, Vision
You can be part of a high-profile customer facing engineering team producing the world’s leading family of ultra-low power GPU IP cores.
You will gain knowledge and make a fundamental contribution to millions of product deployments from the world’s largest and exciting semiconductor manufacturers with Imagination-specific technology; from the latest smartphones, tablets and media players to the future wireless home and connected multimedia-rich cars.
As part of the Customer Engineering department you will be responsible for all aspects of delivering and supporting Imagination’s IP products to our partners, by being part of the process and life cycle of how system-on-a-chip (SOC) products are designed, put into production and maintained with our customers.
The key goal is to ensure customer success in achieving a strong end-product reaching the consumer market as fast as possible and enabling the transition from a license deal to royalty revenues.
- Actively monitor and report on the IP integration activity of the customer and track these issues to closure
- Directly work with customers to provide proactive support for our IP products
- Develop expertise to provide IP-level as well as system-level debug support and resolution for their issues
- Provide formal training to internal and external customers and seek the appropriate teams to solve highly technical issues
- Collate and act on customer feedback and be a part of improving our future IP developments by playing a pivotal role in applying customer experience back into the product development cycle
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you are an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You are curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- An understanding in hardware debug and design techniques using Hardware Description Languages
- The ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form and Excellent written and spoken English Language
- An understanding of RTL simulation, and synthesis tools such as Cadence NCSIM, Synopsys VCS, Xilinx or similar and Synopsys Design Compiler/DCT/DC Ultra or similar
- The ability to see the bigger picture when dealing with detailed problems
You might also have
- Experience working as part of a technical support team on Integration of IP cores into an SoC environment,
- Experience of delivering technical training and presentations
- Interest in, or understanding of 3D Graphics and/or video encode/decode/ISP(plus) or Neural Network Accelerators
- Knowledge or experience with Emulation or FPGA based prototyping, Formal Verification tools and the Graphics pipeline design/implementation, verification program and performance analysis
- Experience supporting some customers with product delivery at their sites
- Knowledge of VHDL/Verilog, verification and of bus interface protocols e.g. AXI, OCP
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to think big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your passion. We listen, we’re open
And we’re honest. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from smart phones to gaming devices, smartTVs to drones. It’s our creative culture that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: Taipei Standard Time