Imagination is a global technology leader whose products touch the lives of billions of people throughout the world. The company’s broad range of silicon intellectual property includes the key multimedia, communications processors needed to create the Systems on Chips that power all mobile, consumer, automotive, enterprise, infrastructure, IoT and embedded electronics. Imagination’s licensees include many of the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers, network operators and OEMs/ODMs who are creating some of the world’s most iconic and disruptive products.
For our Wrocław R&D Office we are looking for:
Senior Video Software Support Engineer
Video decoding is an important component of every smartphone, and many other devices. We are working on software drivers for video hardware decoders. These are dedicated components, which are much more efficient than a general purpose CPU or GPU.
As part of the Vision software team you will need to understand the architecture of the hardware, software and firmware. You will also work with the customer engineering teams to understand and support the customers' needs and assist them with our software.
There are a number of different software components, most of which are mature and in the field. You will need to gain familiarity with several of these components, and become an expert in some of them.
- Be involved in in bringing new hardware to life
- Help our customers turn it into silicon.
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Strong C programming skills
- Experience writing Linux applications and drivers
- Knowledge of the full development lifecycle
- Enthusiasm for low level software, some understanding of the issues in driving hardware effectively
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and respond to customer needs
You might also have
- Experience with at least 1 video standard (HEVC, H.264, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of low level firmware, and programming at the bare metal
- Understanding of computer architecture concepts (CPU, Cache, MMU, Memory, etc.)
- Proven record of working with a large code base
- Driver experience as some software is in Linux kernel.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme for employees
- Work in an international, non-hierarchical environment
- Constant professional development by working with cutting-edge technology & trainings
- Flexible working time
- Private healthcare
- Gym membership.