Customer Support Engineer-Software
Job no: 496639
Work type: Experienced
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Categories: Embedded software, Graphics, Linux, Testing
Partner with engineers across a variety of technology divisions in this Customer Engineering – Embedded Software role, supporting Imagination's customers in the design of their products that utilise Imagination’s processor cores.
You will join a highly motivated and knowledgeable team of software and hardware engineers dedicated to delivering world class customer service and technical knowledge to leading technology companies around the world.
After an initial training period you will be responsible for key customers, alongside other team members, in a dynamically changing landscape, adapting to customer issues and creating potential solutions.
- Guide and support customers through their product development, from the excitement of first time power up, through debugging, to final production
- Work with high profile customers (and their customers) on impactful and market leading projects, including issues with the addition of new features, applications and performance analysis
- Take ownership of our key software products (e.g. graphics processors) and provide expertise of the technical details and implementation of these products to other members of the team
- Create documentation and train customers in the use of product deliverables, such as our graphics development kit and coding techniques
- Discuss and provide solutions for customer issues covering quality assurance, stability, performance, the running of applications, operating systems and more
- Provide first level analysis to the customer to investigate issues, find root causes and provide create solutions
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Experience of programming in low level languages such as C/C++ from a previous job, academia or personal projects
- An understanding of software debug and design techniques for modern operating systems, such as Linux and Android
- The ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form
- Excellent problem-solving skills
You might also have
- Device drivers within high level operating systems
- Android or Linux OSs
- Embedded systems
- Software and hardware aspects of graphics architectures
- Industry standard APIs e.g. OpenGL ES/OpenCL
- Working directly with third parties either as a supplier or a customer
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Independent thinkers together
Every person is a new door to different world. That’s why we embrace you for who you are, so we can unlock even more innovative results together.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: Taipei Standard Time