Software Engineer (Android)
Job no: 496636
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK, Santa Clara, United States
Categories: Android, Graphics, Linux
Imagination’s engineers are tasked with designing the best performing mobile graphics processor that the world will have ever seen. We need you to put your C software and problem solving skills to the test in ensuring graphics libraries work seamlessly on our GPU within the Android platform.
Partnering with OpenGL ES, Open CL, Vulkan, Services and Compiler teams around the globe, you will design and develop drivers for the next generation graphics cores, as well as ensuring current GPUs work effectively with the most recent releases of Android.
You’ll belong to the team that enables Imagination’s tech to be enjoyed on Android mobile, tablet, wearable and TV devices worldwide.
- Work with a wide range of platforms from development boards and prototypes to customers’ production systems.
- Implement the full driver stack for PowerVR graphics hardware.
- Develop Android-specific portions of our driver; display controllers, kernel interfaces and hardware-specific parts of the OS.
- Maintain user and kernel-mode drivers throughout the whole software and hardware lifecycles
- Analyse and optimise the performance of the driver code
- Partner with research and development teams
- Keep abreast of Android releases
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- C programming & software design skills with embedded systems
- Experience of developing within the Android environment
You might also have
- Knowledge of modern graphics APIs (OpenGL ES, Vulkan, etc.)
- A good understanding of computer architecture issues (virtual memory, MMUs, caches, etc.)
- Low-level driver development for Linux or Windows.
- Knowledge of the Android graphics stack
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time