Graphics Research Engineer
Job no: 496619
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Electronic design, Graphics, Simulation
In this hands-on research role, you will join the PowerVR graphics research group and contribute to the continued development of leading 3D/2D graphics technologies and techniques, that help deliver the next generation of graphics processor rendering hardware.
Own focused areas of graphics technology and investigate, analyse and ultimately create software simulations to show how improvements and advancements can be achieved.
Interaction and discussion with colleagues in the research group is highly encouraged, as you work together to push Imagination’s graphics technology forward.
- Research state of the art techniques to help make the next generations of graphics systems more efficient, powerful, feature rich and competitive
- Develop software simulations of architectures and compilers
- Generate performance statistics and targets for hardware design
- Analyse data and research algorithms to improve performance
- Explore new features for our next generation of graphics hardware
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- A proven ability to analyse, innovate and experiment e.g. through publications, research experience
- Solid programming skills (preferably C/C++)
- The ability to work independently with your own initiatives
- Passion for computer graphics
- 1st class or 2:1 degree in a related subject e.g. computer science or electronics
You might also have
- Knowledge of computer graphics techniques
- Some knowledge of computer/graphics hardware
- Compiler knowledge or experience
- Experience of 3D graphics API programming
- Knowledge of engineering-level mathematics (e.g. linear algebra and calculus)
- Windows and/or Unix development experience
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just clicking the ‘Apply now’ button and send in your CV.
Competitive salary, part of a rolling recruitment programme
Closing Date - 02/11/2018
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time