Customer Engineer - Hardware
Job no: 496611
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Customer Facing, Electronic design, Processors
Imagination Technologies is creating the next generation of Graphics, Vision and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Intellectual Property (IP) for ultra-high performance embedded devices that will power the tech of tomorrow, and our Semiconductor and OEM customers need your help.
The Customer Engineering department is responsible for all aspects of delivering and supporting Imagination’s IP products to our semiconductor and software partners. The key goal is to ensure customer success in achieving a strong end-product reaching the consumer market as fast as possible, enabling the transition from a license deal to royalty revenues. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a very visible role in the company and to gain knowledge and training on both Imagination-specific technology areas and the overall process and lifecycle of how leading edge system-on-a-chip (SOC) products are designed, put into production and maintained.
You will have the opportunity to make a fundamental contribution to millions of product deployments from the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturers. Your contribution to high profile customer projects through this very responsible position can be extremely rewarding by demonstrating your capabilities to a wide ranging audience and by engaging with a wide range of topics as customer issues tend to be unpredictable.
- Deliver Imagination IP products to our customers and actively monitor and report on the IP integration activity of the customer
- Provide proactive support for our IP products, including some international travel to our customers overseas
- Collate and act on customer feedback by communicating requirements internally in order to always improve the delivered IP
- Develop expertise in our IP products to provide IP-level as well as system-level debug support for customer issues and provide training
- Co-ordinate local and remote Customer Engineering teams and in-house development teams to solve highly technical customer issues
- Research and develop our technology documentation for internal and external use
- Be a part of improving our future IP developments by playing an active role in applying customer experience back into the development cycle
- Aid the pre-sales activities by demonstrating the capabilities and technical benefits of Imagination’s IP
- Enjoy varied and changing tasks due to the position having full IP lifecycle visibility
Abilities make possibilities
With a positive, can-do attitude, you pride yourself on great customer service, pro-actively and tenaciously striving for the best solution. You have an organised and focussed approach to work. Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you are an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You are curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- The ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form
- The ability to not miss the bigger picture when dealing with detailed problems
- Good grounding in hardware debug and design techniques using Hardware Description Languages
- An understanding of the relationship between hardware and software domains
- An understanding of RTL simulation and synthesis tools such as Cadence, Synopsys, Xilinx or similar
You might also have
- Prior experience working as part of a technical support team
- Previous experience of delivering training/presentations
- Interest in, or understanding of 3D Graphics and Neural Network Accelerators
- Data Analysis Skills, Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge or experience with Emulation or FPGA based prototyping
- Knowledge of VHDL
- Some appreciation of C programming / scripting (Python) / Shells / low level
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time