Leading Full Stack Web Developer
Job no: 496607
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Applications, Communications, Tools, Web
We are a small team of web and database engineers responsible for the design, development and maintenance of an in-house support tool.
With a range of end-users from engineers to management, spanning the whole of Imagination’s intellectual property development, our tool provides a vital resource for both development and verification.
This includes varied work from automation control to data presentation, including automated analysis and smart data insights.
This highly visible role will bring you into contact with the entire PowerVR business units, influencing decisions across the board. You will liaise with the driver developers, hardware developers and the simulation teams right through to the Product Management and Release Engineers, working with the latest technologies and infrastructure.
- Implement automated statistical analysis on rapidly changing datasets
- Handle complex logic for automated system control
- Use modern full-stack web technology to implement solutions to drive systems and aid in hardware and software debug and verification.
- Interact with other teams to reduce redundancy via developing just-in-time solutions and carrying out system consolidation.
Challenges you will face include:
- Optimising handling of large data sets within browsers
- Simplifying the presentation of multi-dimensional data
- Developing in a constantly evolving environment
- Handling concurrency and multiprocessing across multiple instances
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you're an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You are curious, solutions-orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standards.
- Object-oriented PHP Programming
- Demonstrable experience in a similar web developer role
- Experience of developing within one or more PHP framework
You might also have:
- Good knowledge of D3
- Symfony, especially Symfony4
- Doctrine ORM for PHP
- Experience of working with large datasets
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong statistical skills
- Server administration
- Python, Java
- Experience of working with computer graphics
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that's shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It's their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We'll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we're open and we're honest. Whatever it is you need, you'll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the 'Apply now' button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time