Job no: 496599
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Imagination Technologies is one of the world’s leading semiconductor intellectual property (IP) companies, with particular focus on developing ultra-high performance computer graphics, AI, vision and communications technologies. Patents are crucial to the success of an IP licensing company. We need you to work closely with engineers on cutting-edge and varied technology to help drive our patent portfolio forwards. You will join a small in-house patent team, within the legal department, which handles all patent matters including managing Imagination’s expanding patent portfolio and coordinating patent litigation.
- Meet with engineers to capture inventive concepts and subsequently draft high quality new patent applications suitable for international filing
- Prosecute Imagination’s patent applications in the UK and Europe, with a particular focus on the commercial importance of the patent applications
- Coordinate drafting and prosecution of Imagination’s patent applications throughout the rest of the world in cooperation with outside counsel
- Proactively engage internal engineering groups to identify strategically important technology and identify potentially patentable inventions
- Provide periodic education for engineers and managers on IP protection best practices
- Assist in the defence of patent infringement suits and other contentious matters
- Be involved with various standardisation bodies to support Imagination’s interests from a patent perspective
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Qualified as a patent attorney (CPA and/or EPA)
- A degree in electronic engineering, physics or similar
- Experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications from initial invention disclosure through to grant
You might also have
- A background in graphics/vision processing, computer architectures and/or radio communication
Invent the future
The people at Imagination define the technology shaping our world, from pioneering smartphones and televisions to advanced wearables and semi-autonomous vehicles. Our continuous innovation in graphics and artificial intelligence enables our customers to make world-changing electronic products that people love. Want to be part of a team? We’ll encourage you to pursue your passions. We listen; we’re open; we’re honest. Whatever you need, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time