Software Design Engineer - Vision and AI
Job no: 496579
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Embedded software, Linux, AI, Machine Learning
Our engineers are designing the next generation of ultra-high performance Neural Network Accelerators (NNA) that will help define the future of Machine Learning technology. We need you to create low-level C++ software tooling that will enable your customers to get the performance they need from our NNA technology.
Solutions orientated you will create a broad range of software components, from low level drivers to high level applications, some at early stages of development while others are already being used by our customers. You will be a core contributor and do whatever it takes to get your customer the performance they demand.
Collaboratively you will partner with hardware, research and customer engineers across all stages of development including requirements gathering, design, development and support.
- Create software that enables customers to make best use of NNA hardware, and see it finally being turned into silicon e.g. Mapping, debugging and performance tools
- Specify, design and implement libraries and applications for Imagination AI solutions e.g. API abstraction libraries
- Help our customers make the best use of our solutions in their platforms e.g. dealing with performance, technical and product requests, solution updates, etc.
- Become familiar with several software components, and gain ownership of some of the important ones e.g. from application through to drivers
- Use your initiative to improve both the development environment and the software
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Experience in software development, over the complete development cycle (from requirements capture to implementation)
- Solid C++ programming experience
- A good understanding of object orientated design
- Passion for technology, keeping up to date with latest developments and personal projects
- A tenacious and pragmatic approach
You might also have
- Knowledge of Machine learning techniques and tools e.g. OpenCL, Tensorflow, Caffe: you will certainly learn them
- Python programming skills
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Embedded systems
- A good degree or experience in a related area; computing, engineering, maths, science
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Competitive salary, part of a rolling recruitment programme
Closing Date - 23/01/2019
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time