Senior Software Design Engineer - Vision and AI
Job no: 496579
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Embedded software, Linux, AI, Machine Learning
As part of the Vision and AI software team you will develop low-level software for our Neural Network Accelerators. By working closely with internal teams, you will further contribute towards the development of future Machine Learning technology; an exciting and leading technology area.
You will be involved with all aspects of software development, from low level drivers to application development. Work and collaborate with hardware, research and customer engineers across all stages of development; requirements gathering, design, development and support.
You will be working with a number of different software components; some already out in the field, and some at early stages of design. You will become a core contributor to these components.
We are looking for self-driven enthusiastic people, with a passion for the technology. It will be important to keep up to date with the latest technologies both professionally and through personal projects, and use this to improve the product.
- Create software to bring new hardware to life, and see it finally being turned into silicon e.g. Mapping, debugging and visualization tools
- Specify, design and implement libraries and applications for Imagination AI solutions e.g. API abstraction libraries
- Help our customers make the best use of our solutions in their platforms e.g. dealing with performance, technical and product requests, solution updates, etc.
- Become familiar with several software components, and gain ownership of some of the important ones e.g. from application through to drivers
- Use your initiative to improve both the development environment and the software
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Experience in software development, over the complete development cycle
- Solid C++ programming experience
- A good understanding of object orientated design
- Passion for technology, keeping up to date with latest developments and personal projects
- A tenacious and pragmatic approach to strive for the best solution
You might also have
- Knowledge of Machine learning techniques and tools e.g. OpenCL, Tensorflow, Caffe: you will certainly learn them
- Python programming skills
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Embedded systems
- A good degree or experience in a related area; computing, engineering, maths, science
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time