Site Reliability Engineer
Job no: 496578
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Testing, Tools
The process of designing, verifying and implementing cutting edge silicon technologies such as intricate Intellectual Property requires a significant amount of compute resource to run a complex set of tools and process flows. You will be joining a team of DevOps engineers who combine software & systems engineering to provide high performance and reliable systems to our internal customers across the company. We are a team of engineers with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds who follow SRE principles to develop distributed, fault tolerant and large-scale systems to manage our compute infrastructure efficiently.
- Engage in the full process of service development from concept and design to development, testing and deployment, within an agile environment
- Ensure the stability, sustainable scale, continued performance and efficiency of complex systems
- Respond to internal customer tickets, respond to incidents and conduct blameless postmortems
- Maintain and support services once they go live, using automated monitoring
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions with Python
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems paradigms, complexities, problems and limitations
- Excellent knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Attention to detail, systematic problem solving and strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Linux and the internals
- A passion for solving repetitive problems using automation
You might also have
- Experience in cloud computing platforms: AWS/GCP/Azure or UGE/SGE/LSF
- Knowledge of test driven development and familiarity with Python testing frameworks, preferably py.test
- Knowledge of: Perforce, Jenkins, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Kubernetes, Docker, RESTful APIs
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time