Job no: 496578
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Tools, Testing
Imagination’s engineers are creating cutting edge silicon technologies to power highest performing electronic products. We need you to put your development skills to the test in ensuring our distributed systems are high performing, reliable and can run a complex set of tools and process flows.
As part of a DevOps team, you’ll be essential in helping develop distributed, fault tolerant and large-scale systems to manage our compute infrastructure efficiently.
You’ll belong to the team that gives people tools to forge the future of tech.
- Engage in the full process of service development from concept and design to development, testing and deployment, within an agile environment e.g. monitoring, communication, debugging and data services
- Ensure the stability, sustainable scale, continued performance and efficiency of complex systems e.g. high usage, 100% scheduled up-time
- Respond to internal customer tickets, respond to incidents and conduct blameless postmortems e.g. deliver small changes to large microservice development projects
- Maintain and support services once they go live, using automated monitoring
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions with Python
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems paradigms, complexities, problems and limitations
- Excellent knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- A passion for solving repetitive problems using automation
You might also have
- Experience in cloud computing platforms: AWS/GCP/Azure or UGE/SGE/LSF
- Knowledge of test driven development and familiarity with Python testing frameworks, preferably py.test
- Knowledge of: Perforce, Jenkins, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Kubernetes, Docker, RESTful APIs
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Competitive salary, part of a rolling recruitment programme
Closing Date - 23/01/2019
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time