Graphics Architecture Software Engineer
Job no: 496577
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
The software architecture team enables Imagination’s world leading GPU performance through the design and development of key graphics API driver components. The team's success means that people from all over the globe have a first-class mobile device experience because the software helps their apps to run quickly, efficiently and reliably.
You will work with cutting-edge systems, influence the design of our graphics technology and help Imagination to deliver the next big thing in 3D technology. You will partner with software, hardware and research engineers to develop new API’s, provide better performance and new features. You are curious, self-motivated and always seeking to innovate.
- Interact with external partners to understand upcoming requirements
- Drive specification and design of new software features and extensions
- Work with software, research and hardware teams to refine priorities
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Solid programming skills (C preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of modern 3D graphics pipeline and current APIs
- Good appreciation of computer architecture concepts (caches, MMU, etc.)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- An ability to understand and explain new, and complex, technologies
You might also have
- Driver development experience
- Experience developing and working with new hardware
- Prior experience with emerging graphics APIs (Vulkan, D3D12 etc.)
- Experience working with standards bodies, such as Khronos or Android
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Competitive salary offered, role part of a rolling recruitment programme
Closing Date - 23/01/2019
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time