Design Engineer (Power and Performance)
Job no: 496575
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Electronic design, Embedded software
A unique opportunity to take your ASIC design career to a whole new level on cutting edge designs within the prestigious PowerVR Graphics group. You will be part of the design process that delivers a complete graphics core (GPU) that helps power future electronic devices. As part of this role you will put your design and analytical skills to the test collaborating with design engineers to optimise, remove bottlenecks and make the core more efficient and faster.
This is a role with a high level of responsibility, having the chance to exert considerable influence over PowerVR's success. By working with the Graphics Architecture team you will play a key part in current and future designs.
- Collaborate with the design and software teams, suggesting or implementing design, microarchitectural or architectural changes.
- Be responsible for analysing power, area and performance of our GPU cores and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Work within a small friendly team of world class design and verification experts.
Abilities make possibilities
You are a strong team player, with excellent analytical skills and outstanding problem solving ability.
You are self-motivated and driven with a positive attitude, and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- A good understanding of digital logic and good debug skills.
- Knowledge of integrated circuit design techniques and methodologies.
- A practical track record and experience of IP or SOC level Integrated Circuit RTL design (VHDL or Verilog).
- Experience of ASIC or FPGA design tools.
- Knowledge of low power design techniques.
You might also have:
- Graphics experience
- Knowledge of CPU or DSP architectures
- Experience of ASIC verification techniques
We’re champions of technology
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we're open and we're honest. Whatever it is you need, you'll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the 'Apply now' button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time