Principal ASIC Design Engineer (Power and Performance Team Lead)
Job no: 496574
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Electronic design
We need you, a Principal ASIC Design Engineer, to take our designs to the next level, leading the world in GPU performance. You will set up and lead a new team to identify and implement innovations to maximise computational performance while minimising power consumption and area. In doing so, you will be a key player in the launch of a class leading GPU which performs at a level that has never been seen before
- Set up and lead the team responsible for analysing power, area and performance of our GPU cores
- Collaborate with design and software teams, in the implementation of design, microarchitectural and architectural changes
- Drive and implement improvements
- Analyse code and identify performance bottlenecks
- Remove redundant code and features
Abilities make possibilities
You are a strong team player, with excellent analytical skills and outstanding problem solving ability.
You are self-motivated and driven with a positive attitude, and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong understanding of digital logic and strong debug skills
- Good knowledge of integrated circuit design techniques and methodologies
- A practical track record and in-depth experience of IP or SOC level Integrated Circuit RTL design (VHDL or Verilog)
- Experience of ASIC or FPGA design tools
- Good knowledge of low power design techniques and power aware verification
- A degree in Electronic Engineering or related subject (e.g. BEng 2.1 or above, MEng, PhD)
You might also have:
- Graphics experience
- Knowledge of CPU or DSP architectures
- Experience of ASIC verification techniques
We’re champions of technology
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we're open and we're honest. Whatever it is you need, you'll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the 'Apply now' button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time