Leading GPU Power and Performance Engineer
Job no: 496574
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Electronic design
This is a unique opportunity to take your ASIC design career to a whole new level. You will be part of the design process that delivers an complete graphics core (GPU) that helps power future electronic devices. As part of this role you will put your design and analytical skills to the test working closely with engineers to optimise their designs, remove bottlenecks and make the design more efficient and faster. You will have the autonomy in this role to be as hands on in the design process as you wish to be as well as take a consultative approach and advise on improvements. By working with the Graphics Architecture team you will play a key part in shaping what the futures GPU looks like.
- work within a small friendly team of world class design and verification experts
- be responsible for analysing power, area and performance of our GPU cores and suggesting and implementing improvements
- lead the team responsible for power, area and performance analysis
Abilities make possibilities
You are a strong team player, with excellent analytical skills and outstanding problem solving ability.
You are self-motivated and driven with a positive attitude, and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- a strong understanding of digital logic
- good knowledge of integrated circuit design techniques and methodologies
- a practical track record and in-depth experience of IP or SOC level Integrated Circuit RTL design (VHDL or Verilog)
- experience of ASIC or FPGA design tools
- good knowledge of low power design techniques and power aware verification
- a degree in Electronic Engineering or related subject (e.g. BEng 2.1 or above, MEng, PhD)
You might also have:
- knowledge of CPU or DSP architectures
- experience of ASIC verification techniques
We’re champions of technology
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we're open and we're honest. Whatever it is you need, you'll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the 'Apply now' button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time