Graduate Software Engineer
Job no: 496572
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Debugger, Drivers, Embedded software, Graphics, Linux, OS Kernel
You will be a hands-on embedded software engineer working on graphics drivers within the PowerVR SW Graphics group, focused on the needs of the automotive sector.
Customers targeting the “infotainment” side of automotive frequently choose Operating Systems such as QNX Neutrino and GHS Integrity, so there’s a growing need for us to support these operating systems alongside our standard Linux GPU (3D Graphics hardware) device-drivers.
- Work as part of the Automotive team in the PowerVR Software department
- Work with many of the big names in the consumer electronics industry across a wide variety of different kinds of devices and products.
- Undertake feasibility studies in the design of software solutions
- Write and code according to software and hardware specifications
- Test and correct the software
- Provide documentation and support for customers and users
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Excellent C Programming skills
- Experience of Kernel-Level Device Driver Work
- Strong Embedded Software Know-How
- Familiarity with modern computer architecture concepts
- Ability to examine existing software and determine requirements for new/modified systems in the light of the business needs
- Adaptability – The Role will entail the use of multiple Toolchains and OSs
- Eye for detail and a meticulous analytical approach
You might also have
- Linux experience (both usage and development)
- QNX Neutrino experience
- GreenHills Integrity experience
- Knowledge of 3D Graphics or Video Principles
- OpenGL ES, OpenCL
- Knowledge of Functional Safety (FuSa) or QMS (Quality Management Systems)
Invent the future
People at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time