Developer Technology Engineer
Job no: 496567
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting a wide range of software developers targeting PowerVR Graphics hardware, primarily top-tier game and middleware developers. You will gain a deep understanding of cutting edge 3D Graphics architecture, become familiar with current & upcoming rendering techniques, and learn how to apply this knowledge to improve the performance & aesthetics of some of the biggest titles on mobile devices. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to travel, supporting and educating developers around the world.
- Provide the expertise necessary to ensure a wide variety of graphics applications (such as games, web browsers and navigation software) optimally utilise PowerVR technology.
- Provide technical support for PowerVR IP customers and top-tier game and middleware developers
- Implement utilities and create optimized example applications to support graphic developers.
- Provide in-situ training about PowerVR architecture, best practices and profiling/debugging tools.
- Work closely with other PowerVR teams to ensure the entire hardware and software stack is optimal
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Demonstrable experience with 3D graphics: OpenGL, Vulkan or DirectX
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and technical writing skills
You might also have
- Experience with iOS or Android
- Experience with OpenCL or any other compute language
- Experience with hardware and platform architectures
- Interest in video-game technology
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Competitive salary offered, as part of a recruitment rolling programme
Closing date: 23/06/18
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time