Senior Software Design Engineer
Job no: 496536
Work type: Experienced
Location: Hyderabad, India
Categories: Drivers, Embedded software, Firmware, OS Kernel
Senior Software Design Engineer-WLAN
You will be a member of the WLAN Driver Development team, which is primarily responsible for development of WLAN drivers for the Imagination WLAN IP offerings on various platforms like Linux, Windows etc. The team is also responsible for any host side feature integration/development. This is an opportunity to be part of a team which is focused on developing cutting-edge technology and also providing out-of-the-box solutions based on customer requirements.
- Strong knowledge of WLAN technologies (802.11a/b/g/n/ac), AAA (802.1x, RADIUS) technologies.
- Strong Linux device driver development experience.
- Very strong coding & debugging skills in C.
- Experience in Windows device driver development for desktop / embedded versions of Windows OS highly preferable.
- Knowledge of 802.11 related kernel and application framework in Windows would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP application development on Linux/Windows
- Knowledge of one or more of the computer system buses such as PCI, USB and etc.
- Experience in working with embedded processors
Abilities make possibilities:
Your expertise in core competency areas combined with your meticulous approach allows you to become a valuable contributor in the design of innovative products. You are able to function by working alone or as part of a team as needed. You are flexible and willing to contribute to all parts of the product IP development cycle including design, implementation, testing, and validation.
You might also have
- Strong in OS concepts such as scheduling, multi-threading, processes, SMP, inter process communication etc...
- Knowledge of P2P, WiFi Direct, WPS etc. and other relevant networking protocols (eg Ethernet).
- Exposure to WiFi certification testing (WPA/WPA2/WiFi Direct, WPS) on a Windows based station and AP solution Strong in embedded C programming and debugging.
- Familiarity with code development IDEs [Visual Studio/ XCode/Eclipse] and other code analysis tools.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: India Standard Time