Pre-Sales Business Support Engineer
Job no: 496531
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
The PowerVR graphics business unit is looking for a Pre-sales Business Support Engineer who can work across all of the internal technical PowerVR stakeholders and business development team to create and maintain a knowledge base and support structure to streamline the technical sales process.
This is an in-depth technical support role requiring knowledge of SoCs, with a strong preference to candidates who understand the integration of IP. You will be expected to answer technical questions, maintain product feature and vital stats data tables, documents, slide decks and spreadsheets, manage and support customer specific analysis processes.
This role requires excellent internal communication and relationship building abilities across multiple technology teams to ensure rapid turnaround times for complex data requests.
This role would suit a design engineer with a hardware or software background with a few years of experience.
- Product specialist for PowerVR Graphics
- Assigning and tracking requests to closure with development teams
- Explain complex technical subjects to audiences at different technical levels
Target Skills (one or more of the following):
- Highly organised and methodological task processing
- Software development experience
- SOC Hardware architecture and implementation understanding or experience
- Industry and product knowledge or interest in any of the following domains:
- Automotive/functional safety
- GPU compute (OpenCL/Vulkan/cuda)
- Ability to generate/capture, manipulate, explore and analyse data
- High Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Scripting programming knowledge
- Ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form
- Tenacious problem-solving ability
- Can-do, positive attitude and able to work proactively and independently
- Ability to prioritise and organise tasks with a calm and focussed approach
- Quick learner with high confidence in own abilities
- Motivation to work both unsupervised and as part of a team
- Ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
- Comfortable with the requirement of flexible working patterns
Become part of a small, friendly and informal development team who have great vision and insight into the ever evolving and progressing semiconductor industry.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time