Vision and AI Research Engineer - Summer Placement
Job no: 496524
Work type: Summer Placement
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: AI, Vision
Join the Vision and AI research team as a placement engineer, combining your strong technical knowledge and continuous learning to support the delivery of successful computer vision and machine learning related innovation.
Liaise with development engineers, marketing and external customers to identify research opportunities. You will be exposed to cutting edge hardware and software techniques.
The Vision and AI Research team has a track record of success with numerous innovations being included in products. Projects in the team range from image processing technologies (e.g. denoising) through to emerging technologies such as mobile computer vision (e.g. face detection) and machine learning. This is a unique opportunity for you to influence the direction of product roadmaps.
- Support world leading research and development of computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- Investigate improvements to existing algorithms and technologies
- Implement simulations and demonstrations of new algorithms and technologies
- Write technical reports
Abilities make possibilities
With a positive, can do attitude you pride yourself on great customer service, pro-actively and tenaciously striving for the best solution. You have an organised and focused approach to work. Having a passion for technology, you keep up to date with the latest tech both professionally and through personal projects.
- Familiarity with computer vision or machine learning (e.g. object detection and recognition, deep neural networks)
- Experience with C/C++ development and/or Python scripting
- Good mathematical and physics or engineering background (including e.g. digital signal processing, neural networks, linear algebra, probability theory)
You might have
- Experience with computer vision and machine learning frameworks (e.g. OpenCV, Caffe, TensorFlow)
- Significant extracurricular experience in computer vision and machine learning (e.g. Coursera modules or personal projects)
- Familiar with Unix/Linux and Windows working environments
- Experience developing image processing, computer vision or machine learning algorithms
Currently undertaking an undergraduate physics, engineering or computer science degree with exposure to, and strong interest in, image processing, computer vision, machine learning or related area.
We’re champions of technology.
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smartphones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time