Customer Engineer (Ensigma)
Job no: 496510
Work type: Experienced
Location: Shenzhen, China
Categories: Customer Facing, Drivers, Processors, System on Chip and System Design
We have a great opportunity within our Customer Engineering department in Shanghai, China.
We are looking for an engineer with the tenacity to be responsible for all aspects of delivering and supporting Imagination’s technology deliverables to a wide range of semiconductor and software partners.
This role has the key goal is to ensure that Imagination’s technology gets to market as fast as possible by providing the necessary support and training to our licensees. You will be supporting the deployment of cutting edge Graphics, Video, Display and Communications IP cores and associated software drivers into a wide range of customer platforms and OEM devices.
- Work as part of The Customer Engineering team alongside highly motivated and highly knowledgeable software and hardware engineers located in the UK, Asia/Pacific and at our global offices
- Work directly with our customers to manage interactions and projects to solve customer issues related to the use of those product deliverables
- Be involved with training customers in the use of product deliverables
- Provide first level analysis of issues raised and answer directly where possible
- Assign and track issues with Customer Engineering and development teams where appropriate and Track issues to closure
- Drive development and delivery of product training programs, at customer sites where required
- Supporting product delivery at customer sites as required
- Tracking and delivering customer commitments for deliverables and training
- Travel occasionally (1-2 times/yr) long-haul travel overseas for meetings and trainings and attend regular short-haul travel to customers, key partners, trade shows and conferences.
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
• Ability to communicate technical subjects in both written and oral form
• An understanding of RTL synthesis and simulation tools and gate level debug
• Experience with Simulation Tools – Cadence NCSIM, Synopsys VCS or similar
• Experience with Synthesis Tools – Synopsys Design Compiler/DCT/DC Ultra or similar
• Experience of Formal Verification tools – Conformal/Formality
• Understanding of the IP licensing process
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
You might also have
- Experience in a hardware design role
- Some domain experience in wifi SoC
- Knowledge in WiFi/BlueTooth or other connectivity field such as WiFi physical layer algorithm, implementation, testing, and certification RF design rules and RF tuning Wifi/bluetooth embedded software/firmware driver
- Knowledge of Integration of IP cores into an SoC environment, knowledge of bus interface protocols e.g. AXI, OCP
- Experience of giving internal customer training/presentations or liaison with external vendors
- Experience of working with externally supplied Intellectual Property
- Can travel/onsite to customer, working under pressure
- Desire to learn and develop an approach that can be applied globally and delivered locally
- Desire to engage actively with the team, and across business groups
- Good problem solving and with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent at personal organisation, with effective prioritisation and time management skills.
- The ability to be, willing to work from time to time over extended hours in order to achieve goals set by immediate manager, or as demanded by the business.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link
Advertised: China Standard Time