Customer Engineer - Embedded Software
Job no: 496497
Work type: Experienced, Graduate - Immediate Start
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Customer Facing, Drivers, Embedded software
Partner with engineers across a variety of technology divisions in this Customer Engineering – Embedded Software role, supporting Imagination's customers in the design of their products that utilise Imagination’s processor cores.
You will join a highly motivated and knowledgeable team of software and hardware engineers dedicated to delivering world class customer service and technical knowledge to leading technology companies around the world.
After an initial training period, you will be responsible for key customers, alongside other team members, in a dynamically changing landscape, adapting to customer issues and creating critical solutions.
- Guide and support customers through their technical issues covering quality assurance, stability, performance, the running of applications, operating systems and more
- Get involved in the full product development lifecycle, from the excitement of first time power up, through debugging, to final production
- Work with high profile customers (and their customers too) on impactful and market leading projects, including larger issues with the addition of new features, applications and performance analysis
- Take ownership of our key software products (e.g. graphics processors) and provide expertise in the technical details and implementation of these products to other members of the team
- Create documentation and train customers in the use of product deliverables, such as our graphics development kit and coding techniques
- Provide first level analysis to the customer to investigate issues, find root causes and provide creative solutions
Abilities make possibilities
With a positive, can do attitude you pride yourself on great customer service, pro-actively and tenaciously striving for the best solution. You have an organised and focused approach to work. Having a passion for technology, you keep up to date with the latest tech both professionally and through personal projects.
- Experience of programming in low-level languages such as C/C++ from a previous job, academia or personal projects
- An understanding of software debug and design techniques for modern operating systems, such as Linux and Android
- The ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form
- Excellent problem-solving skills
You might have knowledge of
- Device drivers within high level operating systems
- Android or Linux OSs
- Embedded systems
- Software and hardware aspects of graphics architectures
- Industry standard APIs e.g. OpenGL ES/OpenCL
- Working directly with third parties either as a supplier or a customer
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smartphones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time