Graduate Software Design Engineer
Job no: 496491
Work type: Experienced, Graduate - Immediate Start
Location: Kings Langley, UK
The Graphics Engineering team is involved in the development of applications for use in test suites for graphics cores in development and their drivers and analysis of the results of the test suites. As a Graduate Software Design Engineer you will be working on enhancing existing applications, helping to create new ones and helping to analyse results of running the applications.
This role demands strong development skills in C or C++, preferably with knowledge of modern graphics APIs (OpenGLES 3.X, OpenGL 4.X, DirectX11+, OpenCL 2.X, and Vulkan).
Imagination is in the midst of developing its next generation of graphics cores and delivering the software for the current generation; as a Graduate Software Development Engineer in the Graphics Engineering team you will be working on applications that are components of test suites and helping with the triage of results of the suites. This role will involve interaction with multiple teams and working with developing APIs.
- Design and implement applications used to validate hardware in development and graphics drivers.
- Investigate the results of test suite runs and communicate with other teams issues discovered in them.
- Create and maintain internal documentation of applications and procedures followed.
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Strong coding skills with C or C++, including debugging/troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and cross team collaboration experience
- Excellent logical analysis skills and problem solving.
- Good high level design skills including usage of programming pattern and desktop and/or mobile application design.
You might also have
- Knowledge and experience of 3D graphics programming using an API such as OpenGL or DirectX
- Familiarity of hardware design and engineering.
- Strong mathematical skills particularly in non-decimal based numerical systems.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time