GPU Graphics System Software Annual Placement Engineer
Job no: 496479
Work type: Annual Placement
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Compilers, Debugger, Drivers, Graphics, OpenCL, OS Kernel
This is a technical software engineering role for a Services team graphics driver annual placement engineer. You will be a member of a global team, working alongside other software teams implementing the code that allows APIs to talk to the PowerVR graphics hardware. This role will bring you into contact with current and future generations of 3D hardware targeted at mobile and embedded devices.
The PowerVR graphics team produces the world’s leading family of ultra-low power GPU IP cores for mobile and embedded applications. With unrivalled performance per mm2 and per mW, PowerVR GPUs are already shipped in more than half a billion products, with hundreds of millions more being shipped every year. And with GPU Compute the latest hot topic, and the latest games and user interfaces the hottest apps, this is one of the most exciting engineering teams anywhere.
Working as a part of a team, you will have some or all of the following responsibilities
- Developing the code in kernel and user mode
- Develop code for the on board GPU Firmware
Target capabilities and skills
The successful candidate will have some of the following skills
- C as primary programming skill
- Experience with OS level programming very desirable
- Experience with GPUs very desirable
- Strong understanding in computer architecture or operating systems
- Self-starter - able to work both alone and as part of a team
- Tenacious - determined not to let anything stop getting the job done
- Open - enjoys working in an informal environment
- A passion for excellence and attention to detail
- Team player
Relaxed informal office environment working with a good sense of camaraderie amongst the team.
Currently in a Computer science / engineering / math degree.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time