Personal Attributes / Characteristics /Competencies:
Confident, able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels, and from different backgrounds. Flexible attitude to working required.
Initially, needs to be comfortable working as a self starter as no systems and processes are currently in place. Going forwards, needs to be comfortable working independently, and also with receiving guidance and requests from, and reporting information to, the UK.
Role will be largely office based. Occasional travel around China may be required.
Opportunity & responsibilities: Working independently in China, but as part of the global finance team, this broad role will include the following responsibilities:
• Using local accounting software, preparation of monthly management accounts of IMG China to submit to UK finance
• Preparation of monthly cash book report for Shenzhen rep office to UK
• Preparation and processing of two payrolls – one for Shanghai employees (15-20) and one for Shenzhen (approx. 5)
• Oversee the review of, the authorization of and the processing of supplier invoices and employee expense claims for both sites
• Oversee the operation of the two bank accounts (one in each location), preparing payments for authorization by VP & General Manager – China
• Liaising between Imagination China sales team, UK finance teams and Chinese customers to support invoicing and payment of license fees, royalties and support and maintenance fees (all invoiced from UK)
• Supporting local regulatory agency requests in respect of Chinese customer trading relationships
• Deal with all payroll and corporation tax compliance – working with external tax advisers where necessary
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Good communicator, able to network virtually across the Imagination global organisation, and also to build productive working relationships with Imagination’s Chinese customers
• 3-5 years’ commercial experience, with at least 1yr experience of working for a foreign multinational corporation
• Knowledge of the various Chinese tax rules / legislation
• Experience in dealing with Chinese government bodies related to taxation and international commerce
Working with 15-20 other employees in the Shanghai office
BA in accounting and finance (or similar)
Professional accountancy qualification