GPU Software Engineer for Android
Job no: 496456
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Android, Graphics, Linux
We want you to create and develop Android drivers for current and next generation of PowerVR GPUs. You will be part of a committed and dynamic team who are responsible for supporting and delivering the software driving the graphics hardware in millions of Android mobile phones and tablets.
- Design and develop Android graphics drivers to power our current and next generation graphics cores
- Take ownership of the Android driver throughout the entire software and hardware lifecycles
- Analyse and optimise the performance of the driver code
- Collaborate internally and externally with other research and development teams to ensure we deliver the most engaging products
- Keep up to date with Android releases
Abilities to make possibilities
You have an inquisitive nature and a passion to learn and harness your skills. You are a team player, receptive to feedback and keen to explore internals about Android. A self-starter; you take on your own initiate and can be relied upon.
- Proven C programming skills
- A degree-level background in Computer Science, or a related field
- Experience with the Android environment
- A very good understanding of computer architecture (such as virtual memory, MMUs and caches)
You might also have
- Some experience with modern graphics APIs (OpenGL ES or Vulkan)
- Experience in low-level driver development for Linux or Windows
- Knowledge of the Android graphics stack
- Knowledge of how graphics hardware works
Links for further reading
We’re champions of technology
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual and augmented reality, to smart phones, autonomous cars and to space probes. The creativity of the people at Imagination Technologies has enabled and powered world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time