Customer Engineering Manager
Job no: 496450
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Customer Facing, Embedded software, Processors
Manage, coordinate and own the software support and activities associated with Imagination's product deliverables – primarily for our graphics, neural network software and drivers.
Line manage a team of customer support engineers and work cross functionally with various internal groups, as well as Imagination's customers during the design of products that utilise Imagination’s IP cores.
Join a highly motivated and knowledgeable team of software and hardware engineers dedicated to delivering world class customer service and technical knowledge to leading technology companies around the world.
- Guide and support customers through their technical issues covering quality assurance, stability, performance, the running of applications, operating systems and more
- Manage and guide the team members
- Get involved in the full product development lifecycle, from the excitement of first time power up, through debugging, to final production
- Work with high profile customers (and their customers too) on impactful and market leading projects, including larger issues with the addition of new features, applications and performance analysis
- Take ownership of our key software products (e.g. graphics processors) and provide expertise in the technical details and implementation of these products to other members of the team
- Provide first level analysis to the customer to investigate issues, find root causes and provide creative solutions
Abilities make possibilities
With a positive, can do attitude you pride yourself on great customer service, pro-actively and tenaciously striving for the best solution. You have an organised and focused approach to work. Having a passion for technology, you keep up to date with the latest tech both professionally and through personal projects.
- Proven team lead / management
- Experience of design and debug
- Knowledge of device drivers within a high level operating system (e.g. Android or Linux)
- Ability to communicate technical subjects in both written and oral form
- The ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Previous technical customer facing roles would be an advantage
- Ability to describe the simplify or provide a detailed explanation based on person you are communicating with .
You might have knowledge of
- Proven ability to build and expand a team of junior and experienced engineers
- Embedded systems
- Software and hardware aspects of graphics architectures
- Industry standard APIs e.g. OpenGL ES/OpenCL
We’re champions of technology.
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smartphones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time