Senior Customer Engineer - Embedded Software
Job no: 496449
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Customer Facing, Drivers, Embedded software, Processors, Technical Sales
Manage, coordinate and own software support and activities associated with Imagination's product deliverables – primarily for our graphics, neural network software and drivers.
Support the line management of customer support engineers, work cross functionally with various internal groups, as well as Imagination's customers during the design of their products that utilise Imagination's technology.
Join a highly motivated and knowledgeable team of software and hardware engineers dedicated to delivering world class customer service and technical knowledge to leading technology companies around the world.
- Guide and support customers through their technical issues covering quality assurance, stability, performance, the running of applications, operating systems and more
- Get involved in the full product development lifecycle, from the excitement of first time power up, through debugging, to final production
- Work with high profile customers (and their customers too) on impactful and market leading projects, including larger issues with the addition of new features, applications and performance analysis
- Take ownership of our key software products (e.g. graphics processors) and provide expertise in the technical details and implementation of these products to other members of the team
- Provide first level analysis to the customer to investigate issues, find root causes and provide creative solutions
- Support guidance and mentoring of team members
- Travel to customer sites 3 to 4 times a year
Abilities make possibilities
With a positive, can do attitude you pride yourself on great customer service, pro-actively and tenaciously striving for the best solution. You have an organised and focused approach to work. Having a passion for technology, you keep up to date with the latest tech both professionally and through personal projects.
- Experience of design and debug
- Knowledge of device drivers within a high level operating system (e.g. Android or Linux)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to explain complex technology in written and verbal form to staff and customers with different levels of knowledge
- Team lead / supervisory experience
- Previous technical customer facing experience
- Embedded systems and programming (C/C++)
You might have knowledge of
- Software and hardware aspects of graphics architectures
- Industry standard APIs e.g. OpenGL ES/OpenCL
We’re champions of technology.
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smartphones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Closing Date 05/03/2018
Advertised: GMT Standard Time