Senior Automation and Validation Product Engineer
Job no: 496444
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: AI, Processors, Testing, Vision
Reporting to the director of Vision and AI, you will be the head of Vision and AI Verification Team with ownership of the product validation which includes hardware (ASIC/FPGA) and software elements.
You will define the validation strategy for the next generation of products with contributions from the development teams (software, hardware and research).
You will need to be agile, working in an adaptive work environment driven by “DevOps” practices and mentality - to provide innovative solutions to testing and automation. This is accomplished by efficiently combining the use of tools such as the Python Pytest framework, Jenkins and various other in-house tools. You will be part of the creation of a Continuous Integration/Development (CI/CD) flow that respects the modern principles of test development.
You will be part of 'Vision and AI', a highly motivated agile team of engineers that strive to help each other by delivering to high standards of quality in a timely agreed schedule. We work around the day to day challenges together finding solutions not getting stuck in the problems and politics, just getting on with job with what needs delivered and that makes as successful.
The Vision and AI Validation Team have a track record of successfully adapting to provide testing and automation flows to support for a range of different products. You will have a unique opportunity to be exposed to the full life-cycle of hardware and software development in the area of computer vision, machine learning and other AI projects (e.g. CNNs and DNNs)
- Own product validation
- Define and plan the validation strategy
- Supervise and mentor junior team members
- Identify new ideas for test cases and implement test cases to a high standard
- Solve problems with challenging validation situations
- Maintain and improve frameworks and systems to automate testing and release flows
- Triage failures and interact with other teams to report and solve them
- Be involved in all stages and levels of testing, from low level to system performance and quality
- Develop tools and scripts used for testing and automation
- Interact with simulator, research, software and hardware design teams to adapt and improve testing processes for the next generation of products.
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Previous management/mentoring experience
- Good communication skills open to new ideas and looking for constant improvement
- A strong background in testing and automation - create, define and manage the process
- Good experience with Python and a variety of other programming languages
- Experience with virtualisation and other DevOps type tools (e.g. Jenkins, puppet, docker)
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Good mathematical background
You might also have
- Experience with image processing, computer vision or machine learning
- Experience with FPGA systems
- Familiar with the DevOps software engineering practice
- Low level programming experience
Invent the future
People at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just clicking the ‘Apply now’ button and send in your CV.
Closing Date - 05/03/2018
Advertised: GMT Standard Time